Marlboro Historical Society
The Historical Society of Marlboro was formed in 1966. The Society’s museum on South Road, the Rev. E. H. Newton House, was built in 1814 by the town’s second minister and author of the History of Marlborough, Vermont (c. 1865). The Society presents our town's past through exhibits, photographs, artifacts, documents, and the Houghton Schoolhouse built in 1827. Newton House and the Schoolhouse are open to the public on Saturdays from 2:00 to 5:00 PM during the months of July and August, or by appointment. Admission to the house is free to all. Donations are warmly welcomed to support programs and conservation activities throughout the year and can be sent to Marlboro Historical Society, PO Box 242, Marlboro, VT 05344.
Album#2; Group of boys by Shelter Lodge